Chattanooga Area Brain Injury Association presents
The 9th Annual Conference
Brain Injury: Preventing... Treating…Living
Saturday, October 26, 2013
The Doubletree Hotel
407 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37406
Please click the "Donate" button above to purchase tickets to the event via PayPal.
If registering via PayPal, please email Lisa Morgan (email below) with your name, company, address, phone or contact information, and indicate you registered for the conference using PayPal.
Conference Registration Fee:
- $65 for full day seminar with CEUs
- $35 for full day seminar without CEUs
You may also call CABIA Service Coordinator, Lisa Morgan, at 423-634-1572
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to purchase tickets over the phone or by mail-in check.
This educational conference is targeted for
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Case Managers.
- Rehab Counselors
- .Recreational Therapists
- and others who serve brain injury survivors and their families.
- Gain a basic understanding of brain anatomy and related functions.
- Be able to identify communication disorders related to brain injury and how they may impact rehabilitation efforts.
- Gain a better understanding of the impact of concussion on brain function.
- Gain a better understanding of spasticity related to brain injury.
- Understand the behavioral consequences of brain injury and the impact in the home, community, work, and school.
Six (6) hours of CEUs are being provided by Chattanooga Area Brain Injury Association
through the University of Tennessee - Chattanooga
- 7:45 – 8:15 Registration/Continental Breakfast
- 8:15 – 8:30 Welcome/Opening Comments Gina Del Gardo, Ph.D., CABIA
- 8:30 – 9:30 “Concussion in Young Athletes” Andrew Gregory, M.D., FAAP, FACSM, Vanderbilt
- 9:30 – 10:30 “Neurons, Axons, Synapses…Oh My!: A Review of Neuroanatomy and Physiology” Brandon Baughman, Ph.D., Semmes Murphey
- 10:30 – 11:00 Break/Meet with Exhibitors
- 11:00 – 12:00 Concurrent Breakout Sessions:
- A - “Language Disruption With Traumatic Brain Injury" Chris Young, Ph.D., Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation
- B - “Managing Severe Spasticity” Melissa King, B.S., Medtronic, Inc.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:00 – 12:30 “Brain Injury Today” Lisa Morgan, B.A., CTRS, CABIA12:30 – 1:30 “Acquired Brain Injury…A Change of Mind” Bruce Allen, D.Min. and Laura Allen, M.R.E., Peer Counselors – Marietta, GA
- 1:30 – 1:45 Break/Meet with Exhibitors
- 1:45 – 2:45 “Vestibular Considerations in Acquired Brain Injury” Jason Clopton, OD, FCOVD, The Center of Vision Development
- 2:45 – 3:15 Break/Meet with Exhibitors
- 3:15 – 4:15 Concurrent Breakout Sessions:
- A - “Behavioral Issues Following Brain Injury” Anita Trowbridge, Psy.D. (Panel Moderator), Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation
- B – “Brain Injury and the Aging Brain” Michael Scott, Psy.D., Board-certified Neuropsychologist – Miami
- 4:15 – 4:30 Wrap-up/Receive CEUs
From Nashville: I-24E to Hwy 27N
From Knoxville: I-75S to I-24W to 27N
From Atlanta: I-75N to I-24W to 27N
Then take Exit 1-C (4th Street) and turn right onto Chestnut Street. Hotel drive on right.
(The Doubletree Hotel telephone number is 423-756-5150)
Complimentary self-parking is offered in The Doubletree Hotel-owned lot, located to the left of the building and based on availability. There is a Republic Parking area close by.
Refund Information: No refunds will be made after Saturday, October 12, 2013. Refunds will not be given for no-shows.